HOT STOCK DIRT/ASPHALT COMBINATION EVENT AT KCRP ON SEPTEMBER 7THadmin
On Saturday, September 7th, the Hot Stock division at KCRP will compete on the 1/4-mile paved track and the 1/3-mile dirt track on the same night. The driver with the best combined score for the two races wins.
- Any KCRP Hot Stock, or Hobby Stock that is legal to run at KCRP or Bakersfield Speedway, will be eligible for the “Hot Stock Dirt/Asphalt Combination Race”.
- You must run the asphalt portion of the night, to be eligible to run the dirt portion of the “Hot Stock Dirt/Asphalt Combination Race”.
- The “Hot Stock Dirt/Asphalt Combination Race” will utilize the Hoosier 970 for both the dirt and asphalt positions for the race. Same four tires all night.
- See below “Hot Stock Dirt/Asphalt Combination Race” payout structure.
- Racers keep the same transponders for both races.
- Used 970 tires available at KCRP.
- The driver with the best overall score wins the “Hot Stock Dirt/Asphalt Combination Race”. Lowest score wins. The winner of each portion is awarded (1) point, second place (2) points, third (3) points and so on…The driver with the lowest over score from the two races will be the winner. If there is a tie, the driver with the higher finish on the dirt wins the tie-breaker.
- Rules for the event, your car must follow the KCRP Hot Stock division rules.
- Every team can buy 2 new tires a year ($140 a tire), or utilize used tires.
- Hot Stock drivers will qualify on Sept. 7th to set the lineup on the asphalt track.
- After the Hot Stocks race on the asphalt, they will go straight to the dirt track and get their cars ready for the dirt race. Hot Stocks are allowed to fuel, adjust air, wheel spacers may be added, and sway bars may be adjusted or removed for dirt race. No other adjustments allowed.
- We will give Hot Stock teams 3-5 laps on the dirt track sometime before their main event.
- We will invert the dirt race based on finishing order of the asphalt race.
Payout: Winner $350, 2nd $175, 3rd $150, 4th $100, 5th $75, 6th to 26th $50